PHP: How the Sausage Is Made
This session will discuss the development and release process of the PHP language. We'll look at how PHP functions as a project both today, and in its more wild past.
At a high level, we'll touch on each of the following topics:
* The RFC process, where feature ideas are laid out, planned, and voted upon by those who are active in PHP's development.
* Documentation, and its many translations, where most contributors start with their first patch.
* The Bug reporting and triage process as well as our extensive unit test infrastructure.
* QA testing through to release and support cycles.
* Windows builds and distro packaging.
* General governance in the absence of an official project lead. Spoiler: Rasmus actively avoids "owning" PHP.
* How anyone who cares about PHP can get involved today.